Are you interested in collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of scientists, data scientists, and engineers who are creating artificial intelligence technologies to impact the lives of millions worldwide?
Our mission at MEDO is to democratize medical imaging by providing patients with efficient and affordable ultrasound expertise at the point of care. We imagine a world where safe, non-invasive ultrasound diagnostics are available to everyone, no matter how remote. We use machine learning systems to radically simplify the way ultrasound scans are performed and interpreted, enabling all caregivers to make an accurate and confident diagnosis.
MEDO is a dual-headquartered med-tech startup with a team of over twenty clinicians, researchers, and developers who design and build software-as-a-medical-device (SaMD) products. We are well financed, our software is being piloted in multiple worldwide facilities, and we have obtained FDA clearance for two of our products.
We are beginning a greenfield Android project to bring 3 years of learning into one integrated, Android-based point of care Ultrasound application. We are seeking an experience Android developer who:
- Has shipped several Android applications, at least one in Kotlin
- Is familiar with current recommended architectures for Android applications, including Rooms, ViewModels, LiveData, use of a Repository for data management
- Has strong opinions about the Best Way to structure and build an Android application
- Understands that the last 20% of an application is harder and as important as the first 80%
- Is passionate about their craft
- Understand and help develop the requirements for the application. Help product management understand the technical tradeoffs of different requirements and approaches.
- Take leadership in key architectural decisions. Create appropriate abstractions for the product that will allow necessary product flexibility.
- Provide schedule guidance to management, assist in modifying requirements to meet business schedule needs.
- Design, build and test the product.
- Supervision and delegation of programming and testing tasks as appropriate.
- Collaborating with product management and quality assurance personnel throughout the life cycles of each software product
- Bring key insights and expertise on Android development, deployment, and best practices to Medo
- Bring leadership and help to continually improve software development methodologies
- A minimum of 5 years of direct experience in Android software development
- Experience with JNI
- A University Degree in Computing Science or a related field, and/or substantial demonstrable hands-on experience (portfolio)
- Expertise and experience developing Kotlin applications
- An analytical and data-driven approach to problem solving
- Strong attention to detail: you are meticulous and thorough in your design and execution of test plans at a range of structural levels
- Persistence and creativity: you are always looking for new ways to make software more durable and efficient, and also to streamline the workflows of fellow developers and testers
- Excellent time management skills
- Being eager to learn, self-motivated and passionate
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment
- Strong understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- You are a team player with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- You take pride in the quality of your work and in the mastery of subject matter
- You are a self-starter who is always happy to take initiative and learn more!
Nice-to-have attributes include experience with medical software and experience with AI and Machine Learning, especially deployment of inference models on mobile devices.
As an established startup company, MEDO offers a dynamic, fast-paced environment which fosters independence, innovation, and many opportunities for challenge and professional growth. We are proud to embrace diversity and inclusivity: over one third of our teammates are women and collectively we speak over fourteen different languages.